Each year Live Connection operates Mission Trips where connections are made and relationships strengthened with rural and subsistent Pastors.
A team of eight recently returned from visiting South Africa, Zambia and Malawi.
During the trip, there were so many highlights including staying in remote villages; retreat time where we focussed on our own walk with God; face painting with masses of children; evangelism in a remote village following a challenging motor bike ride; seeing many come to faith in Jesus.
Plans are underway for the 2017 Mission Trip leaving Sydney around 27 June 2017 and returning around 18 July 2017. These dates are approximate only.
Cost: Airfare + $A1500 Ground fees
Generally the trips are of approximately three weeks in length and involve some or all of the following activities:
- Travelling around to different small churches and joining with the local community in worship, fellowship, teaching and prayer.
- Encouraging other Christians with sharing one’s testimony in small churches.
- Telling one’s own testimony at public open-air gatherings in small towns and villages.
- Brief team-building retreats for the mission group, involving the opportunity to more deeply interact with a select few local Pastors.
- Construction of a rural church building overseen by a professional builder. This can take several days.
- Opportunities to participate in events such as youth groups, bible studies and prayer sessions with local partner churches.
- Visiting local tourist attractions, for example game parks in some African countries.
- The opportunity to purchase souvenirs at local markets and shopping centres in major cities.