Home / Pastors


Pastors in Kenya needing Partners:


pastor image

Philip Mamasaka

Pastors in Kenya in need of another Partner:


pastor image

Pam Paul Egeny

Pastors in Kenya already Partnered:


pastor image

Christopher Baati Isiya

pastor image

Pam Paul Egeny

pastor image

Patrick Obonyo

pastor image

Jacqueline Rapando

pastor image

Tobias Wekesa

pastor image

Frederick Nvongesa


pastor image

Leonard Rapongo

Kenya




  • The Republic of Kenya is a country in East Africa. Lying along the Indian Ocean to its southeast and at the equator, Kenya is bordered by Somalia to the northeast, Ethiopia to the north, Sudan to the northwest, Uganda to the west and Tanzania to the south. Lake Victoria is to the southwest and is shared between Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The capital city is Nairobi. Kenya covers an area of 580,000 km2 and its population of 44 million is made up of more than 40 different ethnic groups. The country is named after Mount Kenya, a significant landmark and second among Africa's highest mountain peaks. The Maasai Mara reserve, known for its annual wildebeest migrations, and Amboseli National Park, offer views of Tanzania's 5,895m Mt. Kilimanjaro.



Christianity was first brought to Kenya in the 15th century by the Portuguese & spread rapidly during the nineteenth century, when it experienced a revival. Over the years Christianity has become a blend of African culture and Christian beliefs. There are around 200 independent African churches, some with unusual beliefs and practices. About 40% of Christian churches in Kenya are devoid of any sort of foreign guidance or oversight but despite this Kenya has been more Christianized than other countries in Africa. The schools conduct biblical study classes and Jesus is worshipped as a god in every household. Christianity is often attributed to as the reason why colonialists had an easy time ruling the people of this country. Roman Catholics represent 35%, and the remaining 65%, mainline Protestant churches. Kenya has its own Anglican Church which is headed by a bishop.  Christianity is also very closely related to the politics of Kenya even in the present days.
Traditional African religions:
African religions are typically based on natural phenomena and reverence for ancestors. The dead are presumed to merely transform into another state of being, capable of bringing good fortune or calamity to the living. Most religious rites are therefore centred on appeasing the dead through sacrifices and proper burial rites. The dead's wishes must also be followed to the letter.
The Kikuyu believe Ngai resides on Mt. Kenya and say their prayers facing the mountain.
The Mijikenda have their holy shrines in the forests where they offer sacrifices and pray.

More recently there have been attacks by Muslim extremists targeting Christians.